What is SRF Optimiser? ..
SRF Optimiser is a web-based decision support tool that calculates GHG emissions, energy consumption and costs associated with a company’s road freight transport operation. It models the effects of 29 carbon-reducing measures, the tool assesses the GHG, energy and cost implications of a range of technologies and management practices that can be applied to a transport fleet.
Benefits of using SRF Optimiser? ..
- Know the carbon, energy and cost benefits of each carbon-reducing measures
- Prioritise best carbon-reducing measures based on net present value
- Analyse scenarios with actual and virtual fleet
- Generate energy savings report to help with the requirements of ESOS
- Track economic and environment benefits
Who should use it? ..
This tool can be used by any organisation, business or company that is involved in the road freight transport operations.
What information you need to enter?..
In order to generate reports, SRF Optimiser will need fleet information such as vehicle type, number of vehicles, number of tyres, transmission type, fuel type, fuel consumption (litres) and total distance (kms).
Why SRF Optimiser? ..
- Web based model
- Free to use
- Intuitive graphical user interface
- Secure data storage in a database at the Centre for Sustainable Road Freight, Heriot-Watt University
- Centrally maintained
- Emission Evaluation
- Carbon emission based on DEFRA carbon emission factors 2015
What outputs do you get from this Tool? ..
- Baseline Summary of fleet
- Total Tank to wheel carbon emissions
- Total energy consumption
- Total fuel consumption
- Tank to wheel carbon savings from your fleet
- Cost savings
- Fuel savings
- Energy savings
- Net Present Value of each selected measure
- Payback period of each selected measure
This tool is developed by the Centre for Sustainable Road freight in collaboration with Value Chain Lab. This version of SRF Optimiser provides a report to help with requirements of ESOS reporting. The next version will include additional reporting features such as internal reporting, Freight Transport Association – Logistics Carbon Reduction Scheme reporting format.
Further information about the project or this tool can be obtained from firstname.lastname@example.org
Please click on https://srf-optimiser.valuechainlab.com/profile/sign-in to access SRF Optimiser.
Dowload user guide: SRF Optimiser – User Guide 2015