- Optimise distribution centre (DC) locations.
- Optimise the allocation of customers to DCs
- Create new collaborative networks
Quantified estimates of the potential reduction in truck-km, energy and carbon emissions, for the various logistics measures.
Collaboration opportunities identified between participating FMCG Companies
| % Fuel Saving:
|| Identified carbon savings from logistics strategies:
| Cost of implementation:
£ £ £ £
|Barriers to implementation are largely organisational.|
| Implementation strategy:
|STARFISH III project aims to operationalise some promising avenues for co-loading and collaboration. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.|
- Dadhich, P., et al. (2014). Carbon for Money Model: Design and development of a decision-support tool for sustainable road freight operations. 26th Conference of the Nordic Logistics Research Network (NOFOMA) Copenhagen
- Dadhich, P., et al. (2015). An analysis of the recent developments in the UK FMCG Distribution Networks. to be presented at 20th International Symposium on Logistics. Bologna